Wake up call : DPA itu benar!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 Mrs Ismail 1 Comments

After 2 years in public service, after failing to conceive within 2 years of my marriage (i take it as a sign that it's not our time yet. maybe it is meant for me to have a confirm & steady job first), after a few very short compulsory courses & training to prepare me, after all the rumours & speculations from my colleagues about when it's gonna happen & finally after preparing most of the stuff in the list provided, i am still in denial although the Diploma Pengurusan Awam (DPA) that i must attend for my job confirmation is only 2 weeks away.

On 18th April 2013, the official announcement was published in JPA's website. As i was checking my name & which INTAN campus was i assigned to, i still can't fathom the fact that i'll be leaving hubbee for about 6 months (that's how long DPA is). We've been through this before earlier in our marriage but that was only for 1 month when hubbee was still working in Terengganu. But now we have spoiled ourselves with each other's company & we still haven't figure out how we're gonna get through this. However, i'm sure with a determination & prayers hopefully we'll be fine (semoga segala urusan kami dipermudahkan..amin...).

As a 1st step, my application to swap campus with a dear friend had been approved (that's a good sign coz initially i got campus INTURA in Kedah. but then i swap to IKWAS in Kluang, Johor which is nearer if i wanna go back home whenever there's no activity/ program during weekend. kalau urusetia bg blk la). However, there's 1 thing that i've been postponing to do. Something that i should've done earlier this year which is ..... EXERCISE! i don't have any stamina nor am i athletic so i've started in January this year but then i stop until NOW. HOMAIGOD! what am i to do? we were warned during our briefing on 24th April 2013 that "DPA itu benar". but since that i had only walk up a hill with a friend once & swim with my hubbee once & that's it. i really should start jogging to build my stamina like NOW but i'm such a procrastinator.

Although i'm in denial with this whole DPA thing, apart of me was a bit excited to go so that i could get it over with quickly. so that piece of me had been pushing me to settle most of the things needed for DPA. i still have a few more stuff to look for. but the forms thingy were completed. i was relief to get the medical check up from KPJ Tawakal yesterday (like i said i cannot wait to get it over with. so i sacrifice some cash & go to a private hospital coz of the seriously long waiting list in government hospitals). But i was not happy with my blood test result. According to the doctor, my glucose & cholestrol level is a little bit over the borderline (terlebih dalam 0.something je). it may not be serious to some of u but seriously, it had been a wake up call for me. i never had this kind of result before. usually its normal. The doctor is very concern coz i'm still young (27 years old) so this should not be happening yet. i admit that i'm kinda a sweet tooth juz like my father. so she advised me to control my diet & do some exercise (live a healthy lifestyle). So i hope this wake up call is gonna give me the will power to do what's necessary to be a healthier me... insyaAllah...

1 comment:

  1. Insyallah moga kehidupan lebih bermakna setiap kali ke menuju setapak kehadapan.. Good luck :D
    This post is on May last year.. Perhaps there will be continue from this story .. Salam kenal :D

    http://timetravelafif.blogspot.com/2014/05/kembara-england-part-8-buckingham.html

    ReplyDelete